Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beqa Lagoon Diving Vacation

Hi Lori,

I can tell you right away that my experience was exceptional! The travel to and from Beqa Lagoon was without a hitch, and the information you provided regarding the duty-free being open early in the morning upon arrival was correct, in spite of the doubts of some of my co-travelers.

From my perspective, the Fijians at the Beqa Lagoon Resort did an amazing job of making us all feel welcome, comfortable and safe. I thought the diving was very good, the dive crew outstanding, and most of the sites they chose were pretty good, if not excellent. Plus, I'm glad I opted for the shark dive. It was incredible! Next time, though, I'd be sure to turn around during the first dive because sharks were cruising by us, and some of my fellow divers neglected to point it out. Otherwise, I would have seen even more sharks! I can definitely recommend it.

The other thing that really stood out for me was the food. It was like dining in a 5-star restaurant! And your suggestion to always order the dessert was spot on. I was extremely pleased with the food. And it was such a nice touch that the wait staff learned each of our names quickly and always used them when addressing us. Very cool and special!

Of course, the people I went with, Fabio's Fabulous Dive Buddies, made the trip very fun. For a group of 11 people from varying backgrounds I was pleasantly surprised at the chemistry between us all.

The only wrinkle in the trip was that my camera was stolen at the resort. I have my suspicion who it was (another guest), but no confirmation. I felt my belongings were safe there, and never expected something like that to happen, but there are always dishonest people everywhere you go. In spite of what happened, I didn't let it ruin my vacation. And others took enough photos for all of us, so I've got plenty to show my family and friends here in Portland.

Regarding spreading the word, I've been talking up Fiji quite a bit and told several folks that I booked through your agency. When I get a minute, I'll get on TripAdvisor and comment there, too.

I'm sure I'll be in touch because I'd like to visit Hawaii this winter.

J. Gornick
Portland, OR


Call McCoy Custom Travel & Cruise for exclusive offers, discounts, and seasonal specials
1-800-256-4280
1-213-784-6143
click here to speak to us right now!
Request your Hawaii Vacation or Honeymoon or email us at vacations@mccoytravel.com