Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fabulous Maui & the Kea Lani

Hi Sue!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply - it's been a busy summer! Our trip was wonderful, thanks so much for all of your help! Thanks also for the lovely food & drink that was in our room at the Fairmont Kea Lani when we arrived.

My favorite part of the trip was the snorkel trip thru Trilogy. The staff was top-notch in every way. Funny thing, once we got back I was looking through my Maui For Dummies book again (where I found your agency) and found info on Trilogy. I didn't see it before the trip. They got a great rating, but there was a caveat about them becoming "too slick"....I didn't find them to be that way at all. Oh - and a warning, the trip back from Lanai is very choppy (they said it's always that way), for me it was very scary but I lived through it, and it didn't change my opinion of the whole day at all.

The hotel was fabulous also! The staff was great, and I loved how they came around w/cold towels, ice water, and pineapple slices during the day. Their cabanas are very reasonably priced. You could choose either $100/day which included free drinks, juice, fruit, etc or $100 for two days not including the extras. We got the cabana for 2 days, worth every penny on days where there isn't a cloud in the sky. As a comparison, the cabanas in Wisconsin Dells resort hotels run $100 - $200 day depending on the season.

Dinner at Nick's Fish Market was superb, and also the most expensive dinner we've ever had! The bill was $400+ for 4 of us. We expected it though, and it makes for a good story. In my opinion though (I'm not a fish eater except for crab & scallops) the best meal I had was the BBQ on Lanai after our snorkel trip. I've never seen my son eat two pieces of chicken and two helping of peas!

Other highlights were Lahaina village and the helicopter ride, though I didn't go on it. Just Joe and the kids. I get air and sea sick (took Dramamine before the snorkel trip and I was fine). They mail you a DVD of it, so I got to see it anyway. A funny - rather weird - story surrounding the helicopter ride. We learned that there is a big push for time share resales there in Maui. The guy at the snorkel shop, who rented us great snorkel sets, tried to give us a huge discount on the ride if we spent 2 hours listening to a time-share salesperson. He was very, very slick about it and we almost bought into it. After that we noticed lots of people in the area trying to sell deeply discounted activities if you spent the time listening to the spiel. That was probably the only dark spot of the trip.

I hope this email isn't too long for you - I figured the more I told you the more you could tell future customers :-) All in all, it was a fabulous trip and my husband is already talking about us going back someday.

Thanks again for all your help - I'll be sure to use you again in the future if we do go back there, or any other place your agency can help with!
C. Strupek
Bloomington, IL


Call McCoy Custom Travel & Cruise for exclusive offers, discounts, and seasonal specials
1-800-256-4280
1-213-784-6143
click here to speak to us right now!
Request your Hawaii Vacation or Honeymoon or email us at vacations@mccoytravel.com