Monday, August 3, 2009

Amazing Hawaii Vacation

Tish,
Unfortunately I’m back at work and still trying to avoid the reality that our Hawaiian vacation is over. My wife and two boys had the time of our lives, I’m even more jealous of you living in Hawaii now that I’ve seen it firsthand. The tour of the Arizona was really moving and reinforced the feelings I’ve always had about that generation of men and women and the sacrifices they made for our country. It was especially meaningful for me being a lifetime military man also. The snorkeling tour was awesome! I told my wife that night that, “that was the most awesome thing I have ever done in my life” and to do it with my boys was really great. Besides all the beautiful fish we also were lucky to see several sea turtles and a manta ray. That one though scared the s@#$ out of me to be honest. It was really cool though.
The zip line tour and the Luau were also great, although I think my wife may have developed a little crush on one of those buff Hawaiian servers they had there. I know I’m going a little long here but I really felt the need to send an email and let you know how much all your efforts you put into our vacation are appreciated by me and all my family. The only regret I have is I was unable to pass along this gratitude face to face. I talked with Michael at Joe and Bernice’s wedding renewal ceremony in Lahaina and he told me how to get to your office so we could come by to meet you but we had so many things going on we just never had the time. Besides the things you scheduled for us and the wedding ceremony we also did the road to Hana all the way to black sand beach, we also visited Makena beach park, Big Beach, tried to get the wife to go to Little Beach but she wasn’t having it! (haha)
Went shopping in Lahaina and went up to the crater above were we did the zip line up to the top 10,023 feet above the clouds. Very cool! Everywhere we looked it seemed like a photo opportunity. We got our pictures developed over the weekend and between my camera and my wife’s we had over 2000 pictures to get developed. The guy at Costco was looking at me like I was crazy. Well I know this has gone on long but this gist of the email is to give you a big heartfelt Texas THANK YOU!! You help us make memories that will last a lifetime. Hope to see you next time we come over. We are already looking forward to when we can come again.

Hope to meet you in person next trip, Take Care and Thanks a Million.
G, B, T & A. Wadkins
Lackland AFB, TX
If you enjoy the comments about this Travel Advisor, and want more information about this resort/service or any other vacation planning, click
here