Monday, April 6, 2009

Wonderful Maui Vacation

Melissa,

I just cannot tell you how wonderful our experience in Maui was…it was by far our most favorite vacation!! Working with Holly was an awesome experience…she helped us through the entire planning process as well as seeing it through by meeting us at the airport!! She was remarkable!! I don’t know if she shared with you that my husband has a massive stroke 4 weeks prior to us leaving, it was devastating…we didn’t even know if he would make it through the stroke…his neurologist only gave him a 30% chance of surviving it…but the Lord pulled him through and he is a walking miracle…I tell you this because Holly called us several times over the next few weeks following his stroke just to check on him and to see how we were all doing. That was so thoughtful and she was steadfastly there when we were trying to decide if we were going to be able to make the trip or not.

In the end, Scott was cleared by his neurologist to go on the trip with some stipulations which meant that at the last possible minute we had to rearrange some of the excursions…Scott could not snorkel or do the zip-lining adventure and we had to add him onto the van tour…Holly made all of that happen seamlessly…we could not have done all of that without her!! McCoy travel has some awesome people working for them and she is one of your shining stars!!

She even made sure that we had VIP tickets to the Luau which gave us an incredible advantage for viewing the entire show. Holly also helped us add onto our trip my daughter and her husband…this was done part way through the planning process and we were all able to make the same flight and stay at the same place.

Speaking of where we stayed…the Fairmont Kea Lani Resort…it was absolutely exquisite!! Not only was our villa positioned so that we had a wonderful view of the ocean, but the resort itself was magnificent!! It was quiet and beautiful and the service was second to none…we have traveled extensively and never stayed at a place that was soooo accommodating to our every want and need!!

I think that my favorite excursion was the Van tour and the trip to Pearl Harbor, but the kids really liked the zip-lining adventure. The Luau and the Spirit of Lahaina was great also…we got to experience a beautiful sunset on the boat and see numerous whales breaching which just highlighted the whole adventure!! I could just go on and on and on, but I have patients waiting so for now I will go.

I will be using you guys in the future and recommending your travel agency to everyone that I talk to about this trip. I know our next trip for hopefully sometime next year will be a cruise, so if you have any suggestions that would be great. I think that this one will be for Scott and I and my parents…but who knows who all we may add in…just like this trip!! J

Thanks for everything,

L. Grimes & Family
Enid, OK

If you enjoy the comments about this Travel Advisor, and want more information about this resort or any other vacation planning, click here